Free insurance protection for medical students
Insurance cover for healthcare businesses and group insurance for doctors
Free insurance protection for interns
Professional indemnity cover for healthcare businesses, group arrangements and individual doctor cover
Doctors in Training
Insurance for Junior Medical Officers, Doctors in Training, GP Registrars
Protection for eligible privately practising midwives
Insurance for GPs & specialists, Staff Specialists, Career Medical Officers, New Fellows, Overseas Trained Doctors
Medico-legal Services & Support
Legal advice, claims management and 24 hour emergency support
Medical Student Elective Grants and Doctor in Training Grants
Support & resources to help you reduce your risks in practise
Risk Management Program
Diverse and interesting activities that help reduce your day to day risk
Helping you prioritise and manage your own health
Find out what you need to do, before you do it
MIGA Qantas Rewards Program
Earn Qantas Points on your insurance with MIGA
MIGA Plus Business Insurance
Protection against the day-to-day risks of running your business, including business interruption, burglary and public liability
MIGA Plus Business Education
Discounted business education
‘Always’ captures our commitment to reliability, professionalism and being available to our clients
Managing MIGA’s operations and charting a course for the future
Our talented and committed staff who deliver real value and support to our clients
Easy access to publications including Annual Reports, MIGA Bulletins and Policy Documents
Careers with MIGA
You too could join our team of passionate staff
1. Winch, S. (2017, September 27). When life is coming to a close: three common myths about dying [Blog post]. Retrieved from https://theconversation.com/when-life-is-coming-to-a-close-three-common-myths-about-dying-83142 on October 5, 2017.
2. Flynn, E. & Philp, J. (2017, October 23). How doctors are taught to deal with death, The Conversation. Retrieved from https://theconversation.com/how-doctors-are-taught-to-deal-with-death-84429 on October 23, 2017.
3. Bergeron, L. (2005, September 14) Rite of passage for first year medical school students: meeting their cadavers, Stanford Report. Retrieved from http://news.stanford.edu/news/2005/september14/med-anatomy-091405.html on October 9, 2017.
4. Gawande, A (2014, October 31). What doctors don’t learn about death and dying, IDEAS.TED.COM. Retrieved from https://ideas.ted.com/death-and-the-missing-piece-of-medical-school/ on October 5, 2017.
5. First times - coping with the death of a patient, 2016, BMA. Viewed 5 October, 2017 from https://www.bma.org.uk/advice/work-life-support/your-wellbeing/first-times/death-of-a-patient on October 5, 2017.
6. Gambill, L. (2016, January 14). Doctors grieve too: A lesson I did not learn in medical school [Blog post]. Retrieved from www.kevinmd.com/blog/2016/01/doctors-grieve-lesson-not-learn-medical-school.html on October 5, 2017.
Insurance policies are issued by Medical Insurance Australia Pty Ltd. MIGA has not taken into account your personal objectives or situation. Before you make any decisions about our policies, please review the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (which can be found here) and consider your own needs.