Services for Insurance Brokers
MIGA is a specialist insurer offering a range of medical indemnity insurance products and associated services.
With more than 110 years of experience in medical indemnity we are able to offer you and your clients the benefit of our experience. We offer a unique package of services which are quite different to the traditional insurance market in Australia.
Business Medical Indemnity (BMI) insurance
- Business Medical Indemnity insurance to protect the corporate entity or practice company. This cover dovetails with any individual cover for the doctors to minimize the risks of gaps in cover. Dealing with a single insurer on both corporate and individual doctor policies eliminates subrogation issues, saving time and making the claim process easier for you and your client
- Below deductible claims management services
- The ability to include a deductible under the policy arrangements should the client wish to accept more risk and reduce the premium.
- Group medical indemnity arrangements for employed and contracted doctors
- Group medical indemnity arrangements can be tailored in such a way that they maintain the flexibility of individual doctor policies to ensure each doctor in the group maintains access to any relevant financial support or benefits offered by government schemes (ie. Premium Support Scheme, Run-Off Cover Indemnity Scheme, High Cost Claim Indemnity Scheme, Exceptional Claims Indemnity Scheme).
MIGA provides an extensive medico-legal advisory and claims service, including:
- Our 24-hour emergency support service anywhere in Australia
- A professional claims management service in the event your client is involved in a claim
- A legal advisory service providing assistance with any enquiries your client may have in relation to their practice.
Our 24-hour emergency advisory service, which is staffed by our in-house solicitors, is highly valued by our clients as medical emergencies and the need for advice can arise at any time.
- Access to our extensive risk management services and resources including educational workshops for your client's medical staff and a package of risk resources available via our website exclusively for our policyholders.
If you are looking for a specialist medical indemnity insurer with the ability to enhance your client relationships through quality products, streamlined administration and value added services call Neil Rankine or Maurie Corsini on 1800 777 156.