Cosmetic medical practice
Insurance package for doctors in Cosmetic Medical Practice
MIGA, in collaboration with the ACCS, offers a medical indemnity package for doctors working in the area of cosmetics.
The Risk Management Insurance Package (RMIP)-Cosmetic is an industry-leading initiative focused on curtailing the growing incidence of cosmetic claims. It offers an opportunity for doctors in Cosmetic Practice to access an insurance arrangement which is directly linked to key risk management initiatives with the aim of improving the claims experience and public profile of the profession.
Call us for a quote on 1800 777 156 or complete the Application Form.
How does the RMIP-Cosmetic work?
The RMIP-Cosmetic is offered on the basis that key risk management initiatives will be implemented within each doctor's practice and that in exchange for this commitment, doctors will receive an up-front discount on their medical indemnity insurance premium.
The requirements of the RMIP-Cosmetic are very simple, as follows:
- MIGA will provide you with an up-front premium discount of 10% when you insure in one of MIGA's categories for Cosmetic Medical Practitioners in return for you agreeing to:
- Enrol in MIGA's Interactive Risk Management (IRM) Program
- Implement a range of formalised Risk Management Material in your practice
- If you wish to access the RMIP-Cosmetic you will need to agree to implement the Risk Management Material from the date of commencement of cover with Medical Insurance Australia (or at renewal for current members)
- If you give notice of a claim that arises from an incident that occurred after the date you first participated in the RMIP-Cosmetic and you have not abided by the Risk Management Material requirements, you will be required to pay a loading, which will be in the form of an additional premium.
In order to fully understand the benefits and requirements of the RMIP-Cosmetic, please review the RMIP-Cosmetic Flyer, the Combined Supplementary Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement and MIGA's Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement.
To join the RMIP-Cosmetic, complete and return the RMIP-Cosmetic Declaration together with our Application Form.
Our policy cover
We are committed to ensuring that our policy cover remains of the highest value for our members.
There are a range of Categories available for Cosmetic Medical Practitioners as follows:
- Cosmetic Medicine Level A
- Cosmetic Medicine Level B
- Cosmetic Surgery Level C
- Cosmetic Surgery Level D
Your Category is determined by your qualifications and/or the nature of the work you undertake.
Click here for further information on the Categories of Insurance available for Cosmetic Medical Practitioners.
We automatically provide cover for:
- You, your employees (other than doctors who are required to have their own insurance and anyone who bills in their own right) and a company or trust (that is owned and controlled by you and provides services for your practice) as insureds under the policy
- Treatment of public patients for which you are not otherwise indemnified
- Your vicarious liability for:
- Employed doctors
- Contractors in certain situations (doctors, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, registered midwives)
- Supervision, training and mentoring of other doctors
- The acts of locums
- Support and expenses in relation to investigations, proceedings and complaints; in respect to a wide range of matters including medical board, medical tribunal, coronial inquiries, royal commissions, Health Insurance Act, other government or statutory authorities, ACCC inquiries, threats to your personal safety, complaints involving employee matters and allegations re inappropriate practice, transmission of disease, intoxication etc.
- Practice outside the Commonwealth of Australia, except USA (time limit applies: 120 days in the policy period)
- Liability for restricting the ability of another doctor to practise - in the course of supervising, training or mentoring another doctor
- Liability for complaints about others
- Your Good Samaritan Acts - worldwide
- Employee's Good Samaritan Acts - within Australia in the course of their employment
- Medical research and clinical trials.
Disclaimer: The terms and conditions of the insurance provided by Medical Insurance Australia Pty Ltd are fully contained in the Policy Wording and any applicable endorsements. This information does not form part of the Policy Wording. Insurance cover provided by the Medical Insurance Group Australia is underwritten by Medical Insurance Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 99 092 709 629). Before you make any decisions about our policy, please read our Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Wording.
We are proud of the quality of the cover offered under our policy and the level of protection it provides our members.
Our aim is to provide doctors with superior cover and a policy that offers real value for money.
We encourage you to look at our Policy Wording and call our Client Services Department if you have any queries.
Put our Policy to the test - Call us and see if MIGA offers more value and better protection for you
Our client services are designed to:
- Assist doctors in the event of a claim or investigation
- Educate doctors in the area of risk management, and
- Inform doctors about medical indemnity issues relevant to them.
The range of services we offer includes:
- 24 hour emergency medico-legal support - available anywhere in Australia
- A Doctors' Support Service - offering professional clinical and peer support for doctors who are involved in a claim
- Access to our Interactive Risk Management (IRM) Program- which offers a maximum 10% discount off the next year's insurance premium upon full compliance
- Access to Risk Resources - an on-line package of risk management resources to help doctors insured with us manage their risks in medical practice
- Receipt of our bi-monthly Bulletin - which features articles on risk and claims management, case studies, key insurance and membership issues and medico-legal developments
- Access to the Client Area of this website - offering a range of online services including lodgement of claims and circumstance notifications, completion of Change of Details forms, bookings for workshops, access to status of IRM points, practice self-assesments and specialty quizes benchmarking, payment of tax invoices and access to Certificates of Insurance
- A range of long term client benefits
- Access to the MIGA Financial Benefits Package offered by the Commonwealth Bank exclusively for MIGA members - providing preferential personal services to manage your private wealth and services for your practice banking and administration
- Access to our 'Starting Private Practice Package' for doctors who have recently completed their qualifications and wish to pursue a career predominantly in private practice.
More details in relation to our services and policy benefits are provided in Sections 1 and 2 of the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement.