Are you entering private practice?
MIGA's 'Starting Private Practice Package' is designed to assist doctors who are starting out in private practice.
The package is available to doctors who:
- are in their first 3 years of private practice in Australia, whether part time or full time, and
- have not had their own medical indemnity insurance for private practice in Australia before this.
Provided you meet the above criteria, when you insure with MIGA in a private practice category for the first time you will be able to access the following generous discounts:
- Your first year - 50% off your medical indemnity insurance cost which may be pro-rated to our next renewal date on 30 June
- Your second year - 50% off your full year medical indemnity insurance cost
- Your third year - 30% off your full year medical indemnity insurance cost.
In your fourth year, your medical indemnity insurance cost will revert to MIGA's standard rate for your area of practise.
Support specific to your changing needs
MIGA's Starting Private Practice Package recognises the significant costs of moving to private practice and reflects our support of doctors entering private practice for the first time.
We also provide a range of Risk Resources that may be useful in establishing processes and procedures within your new practice.
For more information and to discuss your personal situation, please contact us on 1800 777 156.
- the Package only applies to insurance first taken out or renewed with MIGA on or after 1 July 2012
- it is not available where cover is only required for short-term private practice work and you do not intend to remain in private practice
- the discount applies to the medical indemnity insurance cost which is the total of your premium and membership fee, before taxes and levies are applied.