Working at MIGA
To empower health care professionals to practice with confidence and achieve safer, better health care for all Australians.
To deliver high quality indemnity insurance and support to the health care sector across Australia:
- Offering products which are innovative and progressive and which set the benchmark for the industry, represent real value and which are responsive to our clients' needs
- Providing confidence through our commitment to quality, passion for service, personal care and superior claims and risk management services.
We are committed to a culture of open feedback and aim to provide a supportive work environment for our staff. We have defined behaviours and values that contribute to a positive work culture and enable us to be a leader in our industry.
We are committed to:
||Providing high quality professional service and individual care - we are understanding of our clients and each other|
||Being open, honest and fair with each other and ethical, accountable, non-judgmental and transparent in all we do|
||Acknowledging our differences and respecting the value of individuality - we will treat each other as we expect to be treated, recognise the efforts and achievements of each other and encourage innovation and the sharing of ideas|
||Working together and supporting each other to achieve our common goals - we value and support a spirit of teamwork, cooperation and encouragement|
||Maintaining our strong financial management and honouring our governance and regulatory responsibilities|
||Being accountable for our actions and decisions and leading by example. We will ensure our business practices recognise our social and environmental responsibilities - we will work safely and care for each other's well-being|
|Products and services
||Offer high quality insurance products and services that are innovative and progressive which set the benchmark for the industry, represent real value and which are responsive to our clients' needs|
||Maintain the Group's reputation for strong financial management and ensure all key financial targets are met and where possible, exceeded|
||Grow MIGA's share of the market and maintain our high retention rate in order to strengthen our position by covering a greater share of the national indemnity insurance market|
||Diversify our client base and broaden our range of services for the benefit of our clients and to maximise the Group's opportunities|
||Retain and attract well qualified staff through our commitment to their personal and professional development, conditions of work, work-life balance and training|
||Maintain a governance and organisational structure which ensures MIGA can achieve its objectives within a framework of transparency and accountability|
||Ensure the Group has positive and supportive partnerships with key stakeholders|
||Ensure the Group's policies, guidelines and business practices support the general community and do not put it at risk|
Employment at MIGA
Our goal as an 'employer of choice' is to retain and attract well qualified staff through our commitment to their career development, conditions of work, work-life balance and training.
We provide the following benefits to our staff:
- Employer superannuation contribute above the standard SGC of 9%
- Salary continuance insurance (income protection)
- Additional leave in recognition of years of service with the company
- Recognition of 10 years of service
- Annual Fitness Support Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Financial bonuses based on company and individual performance
- Financial assistance and study leave for staff to pursue a qualification relevant to their position
- Flu vaccination
- Social events throughout the year
- Casual day once a month supporting charity
- Fresh fruit
- Corporate shirts
- Professional memberships relevant to an employee's position
- Salary sacrifice superannuation
- Corporate massage
- Flexible annual and sick leave policies
- Training opportunities to support the professional development of all staff
- Paid jury leave.
Our aim is to recruit personnel who share our vision, display the skills and experience necessary to excel in their position and can work according to our values and goals.
MIGA is an equal opportunity employer.
Current employment opportunities at MIGA